Game Time Sundays at 15:30 GMTEdit
Wiki Details and News Edit
Note to players: You have the authority to edit this wiki! Create character pages, link to your profile, etcetera. Please exercise this authority. Please sign any non-obvious edits to the wiki with four tildes - that is, insert ~~~~ and add an entry in the news when you change/add/update anything. DO NOT delete anything - if you feel it needs deletion, ask me!
Tuesday, April 16, 2013Edit
Wow. Three years on, and KotNR is looking to come back. Some things simply need to be decided.
It was decided to restart the game with new characters. I think I'll be generous and go for Level 4 PCs this time instead of Level 3.
We absolutely, positively need to determine game time and day. I'll be looking into that, poking everybody individually, but if we inherit the time of Shadowrun 4: Seattle Knights, then it will be 10:30 AM EST (that is, GMT -5; or to put it another way, 15:30 hours GMT,) on Sundays.
ShadowDragon8685 12:22, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
Sunday, May 05, 2013Edit
Well! We had a session, and hopefully everyone enjoyed it, despite some early fuckwittery by OpenRPG Traipse. We'll be looking into possibly switching to Roll20.
Everyone earned 307 XP, and the long and the short of the events that transpired can be found in KotNR Game Logs.
And I still need September's sheet for Kalira up on the wiki, please!
ShadowDragon8685 20:57, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
Monday, May 06, 2013Edit
Traipse was a bit of a shithead last game. It mostly settled down, but it's quirks and faults were problematic for some players early on, and some, later on. It worked, but it was not the best it could have been. Someone suggested we try Roll20, and I've looked at it. It looks like it might work out well enough, so I'm going to try it for the next session. If it works out, we may stick with it, depending on what everyone thinks. This does mean, however, that the GM will need new tokens from you all, sized to 70x70 pixels, because the Roll20 grid isn't re-sizable.
This campaign is Star Wars: Knights of the New Republic. The game takes place in the New Jedi Order era, in the year 23 ABY. This is after the signing of the Bastian Accords in 19 ABY, but far before the Yuuzan Vong invasion (which will never, ever happen as long as I draw breath.) Players are cast in the roles of Jedi attending Luke Skywalker's new Jedi Praxeum on Yavin IV. The gameplay will start initially mission-based, with the players being given tasks by Master Skywalker or other Jedi Masters, and more freedom will develop as the players flex their wings and grow in level. Eventually, characters may be promoted to the ranks of Jedi Knight or even Jedi Master. The game will be somewhat plot driven in that there are things afoot in the galaxy that the players are going to be expected to react to, threats to deal with, messes to clean up.
Game will be taking place on Sundays at 10:30 AM, Eastern time. (That is, 3:30 PM GMT.) We play on Roll20, with the campaign hopefully bookmarked by all the players, but which can be found here. We're using the Saga edition Star Wars rules - the latest and last ruleset put out by Wizards of the Coast. The GM can be reached by any number of means, however, a permanent IRC channel has been established - #Starwars on irc.sorcery.net. Players would be well-advised to lurk this channel more or less whenever their computer is online, if at all possible, as it allows quickest access to fellow players and the GM, and the channel MotD will be updated when the Wiki is updated.
Getting yourself a character tokenEdit
First, you'll need to find a character image to use. I'll leave that up to your ingenuity - create one, commission one, repurpose an existing Star-Wars or science-fiction themed image, whatever works for you. Then download TokenTool from RPtools.net, makers of the otherwise nice Maptool program that we sadly were unable to use because nobody could connect to my server through it. This is optional: if you otherwise have basic image manipulation skills and programs, you do not need to use Token Tool. But if you're in a hurry, or don't feel like using anything more complex, Token Tool is great - just set up the image you want with the bits you want centered, pick out your options like frame, etcetera, rescale the image, and save. You're done!
Please make your token at 70x70 pixels.
Please put a link to your User page here, and fill the User page out with contact information. You must be reachable by AIM and E-Mail at the least. (Register a gmail account if nothing else.) Character sheets should be maintained on this wiki. Use the KotNR Character Sheet Template I've made; edit it to copy down the template, then cancel out of editing it and make a new character page (or use an existing one) to fill in the sheet.
- Game Master: ShadowDragon8685
- MorkaisChosen (talk) as Mar Syllon
- Mr.Sandman (talk) as Durindfire
- Wabba (talk) as Athria Wayen
- HIMP_Dahak/Darkone (talk) as Aein Tahlee
- Grendy (talk) as Rao Su-Graduun
- September as Kalira Tahlee
Old Character SheetsEdit
These character sheets are those that stood as of the last ending of Star Wars: Knights of the New Republic. They're being kept up here to honor their players, and as a point of reference for players who are re-joining and rebuilding their old characters according to the new rules.
- Player: Grendy as Ferrago
- Player: Fabricati as Dawn Perkins
- Player: Moonstone Spider as Jankee Mulla
- Player: WarDragon as Daveed Ne'mar
- Player: Epic Lurker as Niari
- Player: Taolandra (AIM: thedao989) as Jen Vadur
- Player: Vermillion as Zalana (now with personality! and caramel!)
Sections of Note Edit
These are sections of the KotNR RPG Wiki worth noting.
- KotNR House Rules - The House Rules, including the Character creation guidelines.
- Experimental House Rules - Stuff I want the players to look at and think about without committing to yet.
- KotNR Custom Races - Races made especially for the game go here. By explicit approval only.
- KotNR Places of Note - Places worth noting go here.
- KotNR Vehicles - For our custom vehicles, from variants of stock models to wholly unique creations, if it moves under it's own power and it's neither beast, being nor droid, it goes here.
- KotNR Gear - For our custom gear, from variants of stock stuff to wholly unique creations, if you use it, it goes here.
- KotNR Story So Far - Want to bone up on your recent Star Wars history, or have a look at the NPC catalouge? Look no further. Things, people and places encountered in-game will be added when they occur.
- KotNR NPC Bounty Page - Bounties on NPCs! Be your own Boba Fett! Fabulous cash prizes to be won! Get some experiance bringing in that NPC today!
- 213 Things 2LT Perkins is No Longer Allowed To Do In the New Republic Starfighter Command- Because it's funny, damn it.