I have but five laws in my city. As long as you obey them strictly, I shall not harm you, nor allow others to do so.
- None in my city shall kill and leave behind evidence of their feasting. If your slaying shall cause an investigation among the Police, or worse, among the Press, then I shall track you down and extinguish you or if others speak for you, exile you. You must lick all wounds, and dispose of all those you kill. I hold the fourth tradition in strong regard and do not take such violations of the Masquerade lightly.
- Do not harm the travelers to this city, for its wealth is based upon it being a center of commerce and travel. You may feed from such, but do not leave any evidence of your feast You should not test me on this, for these folk are the basis of the wealth of my realm.
- Have nothing to do with any of those among the Press. They are to be strictly ignored. They are my Domain. Neither should you attempt to create contacts or retainers among the Police of this city. They are my Domain as well.
- Keep the sanctity of Elysium, for that is our place of rest and recreation. No act of violence or struggle shall be tolerated. You may attend my court there, as all in my city are free to do, but you must not carry your conflicts into the sanctity of its ground.
- Do not hold commerce with my enemies or those who seek to usurp my rightful authority. I shall repay treachery with treachery, rebellion with iron might. Let me caution you. I know all that happens within my realm. Do not think you can keep secrets from me.
Heed these words, and do not attempt to disobey my laws.